Formula : verb to be (am/ is are) + present participle (2nd column of the verb list)
He / She / It is
You / We / They are
Ex: am/ is/ are eating
am/ is/ are sitting
a) An action which is happening now 正在发生的事、正在持续进行中的一个动作
b) to describe certain repeated actions that are irritating 用以形容惹人厌烦的某些重复性动作。
Examples : a) I am eating pizza. 我正在吃着批萨。
b) They are talking on the phone now.
c) Jason is studying for his tests.
d) The naughty boy is always disturbing others.Keywords : -Now
-At this moment
Exercise :Complete the sentences.
1. She __________________ (read) an English book.
2. They ___________________ (listen) to rock music.
3. We ____________________ (drink) lemonade.
4. Are you _________________ (study) Japanese?
5. I ___________________ (eat) a hamburger.