- on > Days of the week. eg: on Saturday
- in > months/seasons/ time of day/ year/ a certain period of time. eg: in December. in winter. in the afternoon. in 2011. in two hour.
- at > for night/ for weekend/ a certain point of time. eg: at night. at the weekend. at half past time.
- since > from a certain point of time till now. eg: since 2004.
- for > over a certain period of time till now. eg: for 5 years.
- ago > a certain time in the past. eg: 3 years ago.
- before > earlier than a certain point of time. eg: before 2010.
- to > telling the time. eg: fifteen to one. (12:45)
- past > telling the time. eg: half past one. (1:30)
- to/ till/ untill > marking the beginning and end of a period of time. eg: from Friday to/till Sunday.
- by > in the sense of at the latest up to a certain time. eg: I will be back by 10pm tonight.
Wednesday, 7 December 2011
Formula : I / You / We / They/ He / She / It will have been + present participle
Ex: will have been reading
will have been sewing
-An action which has been happening for a period of time in the future and still continues happening at that time
-I will have been eating pizza.
Put the verbs into the correct form (future II progressive).
- By the end of the week I(work) will have been working here for four months.
- By the end of this month we(live) _______________________ together for six years.
- By the end of the term she(study) ________________________ for nine years.
- By midnight we(play) ___________________________ this computer game for 48 hours.
- She(talk) ______________________________ on the phone for the last couple of hours.
- They(look for) ___________________________ me all night long.
- He(play) _______________________________ soccer all day long.
- You(watch) ________________________________ TV all the time.
Formula : I / You / We / They/ He / She / It will have + past participle
Ex: will have married
will have forgiven
- An action which has happened/ completed in the future.
a) -I will have eaten pizza at 10pm.
b) -At the time Natasha reach home, her puppy will have slept.
Make the future perfect:
1) By 10 pm tonight, I _____________________ (finish) this report.
2) By 10 pm tonight, I ______________________ (have) dinner.
3) By 10 pm tonight, she __________________________ (leave) Paris.
4) By 10 pm tonight, John ___________________________ (meet) Lucy.
5) By 10 pm tonight, they _________________________ (take) the exam.
Formula : I / You / We / They/ He / She / It will be + present participle
Ex: will be cleaning
will be buying
a) - An action which is going to happen at an exact time in the future (predicted or planned)
b) -A future plan 未来的计划
a) -I will be eating pizza at 7pm.
b) Victor and Juliet will be going to Australia next autumn.
Put the verbs into the correct form (future I progressive).
- At midnight we(sleep) will be sleeping.
- This time next week we(sit) _________________ at the beach.
- At nine I(watch) ___________________ the news.
- Tonight we(cram up) ___________________ for our English test.
- They(dance) _______________________ all night.
- He(not / play) ______________________ all afternoon.
Formula : Verb to be + going to + verb in dictionary form (1st column of the verb list)
- We/ they/ you are going to
Ex: am going to leave
is going to sing
Usage : -A future plan 未来的计划
a) -I am going to eat pizza tomorrow. 明天我将会吃批萨。
b) -The girls are going to plant some tulips in the garden.
Keywords : -tomorrow
-10 years later
Write sentences in going to future.
1. they / share / a room = __________________________________
2. he / get up / early = __________________________________________
3.they / do / their best = ____________________________________
4. she / buy / a computer = _____________________________________
5. we / take / the bus = ___________________________________________
Formula : Shall / will + verb in dictionary form （原形动词，没s、没ing、没ed）
-I/ you/ we/ they/ he/ she/ it皆可用will，此现象已普及化。
-I/ we 于正式场合多用shall
-Ex: shall dance
b) -Something happens in the future 未来会发生的事
c) -to offer help 说明自愿给与帮助
a) - I will eat pizza tomorrow. 明天我将会吃批萨。
b) -If we keep cutting down trees, the animals will lose their habitats.
c) -We shall continue discussing this topic next week.
d) -I will prepare a light and tasty breakfast for you.
Keywords : -tomorrow
-10 years later
Put the verbs into the correct form (simple future)
- You (be) _______________ very happy.
- You (get) _______________ a lot of money.
- You (buy) _________________ a beautiful house.
- Your friends (envy) ________________ you.
- You (meet) _________________ a beautiful girl.
Formula : verb to have (had) + been + present participle
Ex: had been waiting
had been watching
- An action which has been happening for a period of time in the past and still continues happening at that time
a) -I had been eating pizza for two months.
b) -The couple had been living in that city since their first child born.
Keywords : -since
Put the verbs into the correct form (past perfect progressive).
- We(sleep) had been sleeping for 12 hours when he woke us up.
- They(wait) ________________ at the station for 90 minutes when the train finally arrived.
- We(look for) _______________ her ring for two hours and then we found it in the bathroom.
- I(not / walk) _______________ for a long time, when it suddenly began to rain.
- How long(learn / she) _______________ English before she went to London?
- Frank Sinatra caught the flu because he(sing) _______________ in the rain too long.